Broughty Athletic are on Scottish Cup duty this Saturday when they welcome Premier League side Sauchie JFC to Whitton Park in a 4th round encounter.

With no game last Saturday, with the Super League game at home to Broxburn Athletic due to a snow covered Whitton Park, Fed manager Keith Gibson is raring to get a win under the teams’ belt and progress into the hat for the fifth round draw.

Visitors Sauchie currently sit in third position in the Premier League following their relegation last season after losing heavily in a two-game playoff against local side Lochee United but have only lost once in their thirteen league games so far so a tough game is ahead for both sides.

Previous scorelines between the sides last season saw Sauchie undefeated in both fixtures, winning 3-2 at Whitton Park in February despite Broughty leading the game 2-1 with goals from Kevin Buchan and vice-captain Grant Lawson, pictured left, and drawing 2-2 at Beechwood Park in April with former defender Bastien Wibaut and Kevin Buchan netting for the Fed.

Broughty go into the game with still a couple of players carrying injuries so late fitness tests will be carried out before the manager makes his selection. Danny Cavanagh will be in the squad but may have to start on the bench following his return to the club. Definitely out for the home side are Jake Mair and John Sinclair, who are both injured, Ross McCord is serving his second and last game of his suspension and striker Kevin Buchan is cup-tied.

All fans are reminded this game is a 1-45pm kick off at Whitton Park. Admission prices are £6 for Adults and £3 for Kids/OAPs. For those wishing a bite to eat during the game, the Broughty Pie Shop will be in operation serving hot food from ‘GRANTS Butchers’ on Blackness Raod in Dundee.

Should the game end in a draw after 90 minutes then a replay will commence next Saturday 28th at Beechwood Park, home of Sauchie JFC, thus cancelling Broughty’s away fixture at Camelon in the Super League.

The main picture above is from the league clash back in February at Whitton Park, defender Jamie McCunnie battling for the ball with Barry Myles looking on in the background…