BAJFC manager Keith Gibson gives us his thoughts on his side’s brave battle back from two goals down, to secure their first Super League point since a 1-0 home win over Penicuik Athletic on the 1st of October, against visitors Linlithgow Rose at Whitton Park.

Read below what he had to say…

“After a positive result last week in the Scottish Cup it was great to get back to Super League business on Saturday. Linlithgow are always a tough team to play against and are in much better shape than when we beat them in the first game of the season. I made two changes to my starting eleven with Barry Myles coming in for Jay Smart, who had been struggling with the flu all week, and James Collier came in for Kane Hester after I felt he made a big impact last week when he came on against Downfield.

We started the game brightly and created a great chance through Paul McLellan after a really good passage of play. We were comfortable in the early stages but we lost a sloppy goal from our point of view and undone our positive start. Although we weren’t at our best I still feel the first half performance was good and to be honest there was nothing in it. The sending off had a big bearing on the game and at half-time, we changed our shape as I felt we never penetrated Linlithgow enough in the first half.

We got off to the worst possible start after losing the second goal after only 45 seconds which was really disappointing and frustrating from my point of view. I have to give the players a lot of credit though as they kept playing and stood up while showing a lot of character after that setback. We played some fantastic stuff and we completely dominated the second half with Linlithgow struggling to get out of their own half. At times playing against 10 men, you can struggle but we passed the ball well on a difficult surface and created an unbelievable amount of chances and got into some great areas.

I think if we had equalised five or ten minutes earlier than we did, we would have gone on to win the game for sure. Full credit to our scorer’s Brian Clark and Stewart McConnachie. Linlithgow will feel they should have held on with conceding late on but to be honest it was only a matter of time before we did. I have to be happy with a draw after being 2-0 down but to create as many chances and dominate the second half as we did it feels like 2 points dropped.

I spoke with the players after the game and they have to take real confidence from yesterday’s performance and in particular the second half, we had 26 shots on goal, 18 crosses in the box and 12 corners throughout the game. Again we have to be more ruthless in front of goal and shut up at the other end but I’d be more concerned if we weren’t creating. Next week is our final game before the Christmas break so I think it’s vital we get a positive result. It’s another really tough game as Jeanfield are a very good side with dangerous players, they proved that last year against us in a cup semi-final, but like always we’ll prepare well this week…”