Following Broughty Athletic’s 2-2 away to Sauchie Juniors on Saturday, Fed manager Keith Gibson had to be contempt with a point for his side despite coming from behind in the game to lead in the second half, extending his side’s unbeaten run to five games in all competitions, also going into the game without any of the goalkeepers due to illness and work.

Read below what he had to say on an eventful fixture at Beechwood Park…

DSC_0314 (3)“Looking back on Saturday’s performance and the result, I think a draw was probably the fair outcome. I felt we started the game poorly against Sauchie, especially the first fifteen minutes, we just never got going. We clawed ourselves back into things and scored a very good goal to equalise, with Bastien Wibaut (pictured left)heading home. After that, I thought we went on to finish the first half really strongly and I was disappointed not to go in at half-time ahead after a couple of decent chances on goal.

In the second half, we got off to a great start, scoring within three minutes of the game starting thanks to Kevin Buchan. We started to knock the ball about the park well and I felt the momentum was with us. Sauchie got back into the game with a great strike then put us under a fair bit of pressure, I think they had seven corners in the second half but we defended very well, but we also had a couple of half-chances but nothing came of them.

Again a lot of positives to take from the game as we go into a busy period of fixtures coming up for the lads. I felt there was a real togetherness throughout the team and that’s what pleased me the most. We lost Paul McLellan (pictured below) early on with an ankle injury which is concerning as Jonathan Smart, Frankie Lannen, Derryn Kesson and Kieron Ross are all carrying injuries at the moment so hopefully it’s not too serious. We gave a starting debut to Brian Clark and he did well throughout the game.DSC_0506 (4)

Overall I’m happy with a point considering our goalkeeping situation. Losing one goalkeeper is bad enough but to not have two was a nightmare for the club. I’d like to thank Ronnie Adams for coming in and helping us out against Sauchie, he got a late call and he never let us down, in fact, he had some good saves during the game and came and took crosses at vital times, so big thanks to him we get to keep our good run going and the whole squad can take confidence from this going into our next game, at home to Broxburn this Saturday…”